During this week I finally started doing key positions for some scenes.
The most complex, due to the level of detail is probably the robot scene, so I thought was better to start with it.
This is the design we thought for the creatures working on moving the limbs. The idea at first was to do something similar to tendons shape, as we were thinking of drawing the character made of showing muscles. Then we developed the robot concept so we transformed the tendon-like creature into some sort of square monkey.
Each one of them has some details to differenciate from theothers but, being them very secondary in the plot, we didn’t want any to stand out too much and we kept them fairly similar.
The scene is almost complete now (even though it took me longer than planned). Here are some still shots